Earlier this fall I place an order with Organic Works Bakery from London, ON. You can read about the earlier post here. I like that this company is gluten free AND organic - it's like the jackpot!
I've finally made it through most of the products I purchased and have a description of each below:
1. Double Chocolate Chai Cookies - these have a unique taste, are a little powdery (but they don't fall apart), and quite filling! I have them for a treat, and they are not too sweet :)
2. Focaccia Buns - With a similar taste as the Brown Rice and Herb Garlic Bread, these are extremely versatile. I've used them for sandwiches, cheese melts, and mini pizzas. The flavour is awesome, and goes well with veggies and cheese.
3. Cinnamon Raisin Bread - I love this bread toasted with just butter or jam. In fact, it was so good, I had to share with my Mom. She loved it so much I gave her the loaf :) This is a staple if you like cinnamon-raisin bread. I'll be ordering multiple loaves next time!
4. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - These are my favourite cookies. They are soft, chewy, and just the right size. They could easily be mistaken for the "regular" oatmeal raisin cookies. I could probably eat the entire bag....and this is why I freeze them and just take out one (or 2) at a time.
5. Buckwheat, Rye Style Bread - This bread is just right. It's great for sandwiches, had a mild flavour, and can be toasted or left plain. It's a dark brown colour and packs 3 grams of fibre per slice. My personal favourite is toasting the bread and spreading natural peanut butter on it.
6. Nativas Naturals Sweet Raw Chocolate Nibs - now these are interesting! I am not really sure what I am supposed to use them for - but I'm assuming baking might be a good use? They are very bitter and have a very dark chocolate taste. I've been mixing them with ice cream and they pack a nice crunch and flavour.
7. Brown Rice Herb and Garlic Bread - Great for sandwiches, toast with butter and garlic toast! - Again, can be toasted or plain.
Now I still have 2 kinds left to try - the Brown Rice Bread (it looks like regular white bread) and the Honey and Quinoa bread. I'll update when I try those!
I love this company and will order again if they can ship via UPS again :) Thanks Organic Works!