I love these muffins - they have a great chocolate taste, and the only added sugar is the chocolate chips as the recipe uses dates as a sweetener!
If you don't like buckwheat flour (it has a little stronger taste) you could sub in a millet, chickpea or quinoa flour as these are considered heavier gluten free flours.
1.5 cups of non-dairy beverage (I used Almond Fresh Original) - unsweetened is fine as well
1.5 cups of dates
3/4 cup of brown rice flour
3/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup coconut cream (this is the top part of the can of coconut milk after it is refrigerated)
4 Tbsp of cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of vegan chocolate chips/chunks - I use Enjoy Life
1. Preheat the over to 375 degrees and line 12 muffin holders
2. In a large mixing bowl combine and mix all the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips
3. Put the coconut cream, dates, vanilla, and 1 cup of non-dairy beverage in a food processors and blend until smooth. Stir this with the dry ingredients and slowly add the other 1/2 cup liquid.
4. Mix until you have a cake-like batter and stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way and bake for 18-22 minutes. Depending on your muffin size - check to ensure they do not over bake.