I love granola - and making your own is super easy and delicious! Plus, it's cheaper than purchasing already made.
This recipe is VERY versatile, and you can pretty much ad lib any dried fruits or nuts you like. If using delicate dried fruits like raisins, add them about half way through the cooking process so they don't burn :)
3 cups of gluten free oats (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 cup of shredded coconut
1 cup of chopped nuts (I used almonds)
1 cup of dried fruit (I used cranberries)
2 tsp of cinnamon
2 tsp of vanilla extract
6 Tbsp of unsalted butter
1 Tbsp of pure maple syrup
1/2 cup of honey
1. Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees and line a pan with parchment paper
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl - oats, coconut, nuts, dried fruit and cinnamon
3. Heat butter and honey (in saucepan or microwave) until mixed. Add in vanilla and maple syrup.
4. Pour the liquid ingredients in with the dry and mix until coated.
5. Spread mixture in even layer on baking sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes (or until you have reached desired crispiness)
You can keep for 2 weeks in a sealed container - if it lasts that long! I had 2 containers full as shown in the picture.