Target has been open for about 3 weeks now on Stavanger Drive. Target in the US usually has lots of organic, gluten free selections, so I was excited to see how Target Canada compared.
As I expected, the selection is much smaller; but the prices are not bad for the area. Also, there is no gluten free "section" which many stores (Shoppers Drug Mart, Wal Mart, Sobeys, etc.) now have. So it can be a bit of a hunt to find the items.
Some notables include:
1. Annie's Gluten free Mac & Cheese (both the white and yellow cheddar boxes) - this has got to be the best deal out there - $2.99 / box - I'm sure it's over $4 at other stores in the area
2. Food Should Taste Good Chips - these come in a variety of flavors - they run about $2.99-$3.99 a bag depending on the sales.
3. Annie's Chocolate and Vanilla Gluten Free Bunnies - these are $4.99/box but did go on sale for $3.99 a couple weeks back.
4. Bob's Red Mill Flours - I think they have coconut, all purpose and quinoa. The all purpose is under $5 and the others $8-$10 which is about normal.
5. Archer Farms Organic Fruit Strips - I love these - they are like fruit to go strips and the apricot is awesome! $2.99 for a box of 10
6. Pacific Chicken Broth - $3.49 a box - cheapest place I've seen (it does go on sale sometimes for $3.29 at Sobeys but not often!)
They also carry Chex, gluten free Rice Krispies and a couple Nature's Path cereals.
It's worth checking out if you are shopping there already!