I found a yummy brownie recipe online. It uses coconut sugar and while the recipe calls for butter, I used Earth Balance spread and it was an easy substitute. They are really easy and rise quite well. Best of all, they have a nice chewy texture. These are also dairy and nut free :)
6 tbsp Earth Balance Spread
8 ounces chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup tapioca flour
2 tsp of coconut flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack in middle position
2. Butter 8 inch square pan
3. Using a double boiler melt butter and chocolate chips
4. Once melted whisk in sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Whisk eggs in one at a time. Whisk in tapioca flour and coconut flout. Let batter sit for 5 minutes to let the coconut flour absorb in the mixture.
5. Pour batter into dish and smooth the top.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the middle is still a touch moist.
7. Let cool and cut into squares!
This is a keeper recipe - really simple and delicious!